Friday, February 25, 2011

Television commentator

Someone else who was at risk of having his prepared food go bad was television commentator and former England opener Geoffrey Boycott, who had brought his own meal with him. He had suffered from throat cancer and caters for his specific eating needs. "I don't eat curries, which is what they normally give you. So I bring sandwiches. Anything which is spicy just burns," he said. Police wanted him to leave the sandwiches outside but Boycott wouldn't budge. "I said, 'I want to speak to the general or the brigadier, whoever's in charge, 'cause I'm taking my bloody sandwiches in'." An official came to Boycott's rescue and ensured he was able to take his sandwiches with him.
Philippine newspaper, Philippine star newspaper, filipina, Philippine women, filipinas, boracay, Philippine cuisine, Philippine girls, Philippine culture, Philippine peso, world news, cnn news, news articles, yahoo news, news today, current news